12.15.2008

I'm Published!

Last summer Anne Marie Soto, the Editor of Notions, asked me to write an article on using Tyvek. Apparently after seeing how I had used this great stuff on VBG, she thought her readers would like a How-to article. I was more than happy to oblige, but nervous as all get out!

With more than a few false starts, a computer crash, LOTS of help from my friends (Thank you Denise and Marylynn!) and Anne Marie's mad editorial skills my article was published in the Summer '08 issue of Notions.

For those of you not familiar with Notions, it is a great trade mag published by the American Sewing Guild, or ASG. ASG is a wonderful non-profit organization dedicated to promoting sewing as a rewarding and creative activity. They do a great job!

Oh, and if it weren't for the loving support and encouragement I got from Anne Marie, VBG would never have seen the light of day!

Stay tuned for the Tyvek Tutorial...

2 comments:

sewwhatsnew said...

Hi Heidi,
I just saw your posting because I have a Google Alert set on American Sewing Guild. Did I miss your Notions article or will it be in the next issue? I still remember your winning garment from the ASG Creativity Contest in 2007 and enjoyed meeting you at the Connie Crawford workshop.
Our chapter is still growing and thriving. Our Artistic Expressions NG is always an inspiration. Hope you can come get together with us sometime. Marcia (Placerville ASG Chapter)

heidi lynn cooper said...

Hi Marcia,
So glad you stopped by! The article was in the Summer 08 issue, the first full color edition that came out around July, I think. The cover article is "Fashions in Bloom" by Anne Marie Soto and has some fashion graphics of 2 dresses and a pantsuit. My article is on page 18, Sew 'n Tell: Tantalizing Tyvek.

'Sew for the Gold' is also on page 36, where they profiled the winners of the SWN contest.

I am really happy to hear you and your chapter are still going strong. I think of your group often and wish I lived closer, as I am sure I would be more active in ASG if I did! You all made me feel so welcome and I felt such an affinity with your group :-)
heidi