3.25.2008

SewExotic Adventures

Why 'SewExotic'? Because I love to sew and I love to travel to exotic places and I really love to combine the two! As in finding great handwoven textiles, incorporating architectural design elements, inspired color combinations, ethnic design, etc. into my creations.

So I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos from my trips to Morocco ~ Who knows maybe you will find some SewExotic Inspiration too!

This was taken at a party we were having in the Riad one night. First let me just say for the record that I hate having my picture taken. Hate it, hate it, hate it! Probably because I will then have to actually see the *usually* embarrassing results that show without mercy every lump, bump, crooked jaw and flaw that I prefer to live in denial about ;-) Now that I've got that out of the way, I actually LOVE this picture!

The Guembri/Sintir is hiding all the really bad bits and as you can see from the look on our faces, we were having a magical time!

Don't you just love their costumes? Speaking of costumes...



And here is one for the boys ;-)


Now that I've got a small sample of the 'ethnic' shown, albeit in the form of Kitschy Costume for the Tacky Tourist, I will move on to some more traditional everyday, about town fun.

But that will have to wait for Part two as blogger insists on putting every pic at the TOP of my post. errrg!

No comments: